TipTap INC OFFICIAL VIDEO CONTEST RULES
“TipTap Video contest” brought to you by TipTap INC 2012. Official
Rules and Regulations:
1. HOW IT WORKS: There is no purchase necessary to enter. Contest entrants must submit an original Video not longer than 60 seconds. Promotion is not confined by state limits - submission themes and subjects may encompass anywhere inside or outside of Massachusetts.
2. SUBMISSION DATES: Submissions will be accepted beginning on Aug 1st 2012 at 12 PM local time, and ending on Aug 31st at 11:59 PM local time, (the “Promotion Period”). There will be a one week period from September 1st 12:00 AM local time to September 7th 11:59 PM local time in which participants may solicit re-taps for their video submissions. However, no new video submissions will be accepted during this time period. TipTap will notify the winner on Sept 8th 2012.
3. WHO MAY APPLY: Entrants must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. The following are not eligible to participate or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of TipTap INC.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may follow the below instructions and links:
5. VIDEO REQUIREMENTS: THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER ENTRY PERIOD. Videos submitted online must be the original work of the submitter, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. All entrants must use the same email address to email and/or upload all submission materials throughout the entry process. Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; Content cannot include or promote alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the aforementioned), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; Content cannot be obscene or offensive or endorse any form of hate or hate group; Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about TipTap; Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, email addresses or street addresses; Content can not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; Content cannot depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise. If the video contains any material or elements that are not owned by the submitter and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the submitter is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the clip, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of submission by TipTap in the manner set forth in these terms, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the clip. If any identifiable person appearing in the video is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian is required to provide permission. TipTap reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to TipTap from any submitter at any time. By submitting a video, submitter warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the video consent to it’s posting on TipTap.com and any other use at TipTap’s sole discretion. Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the TipTap in their sole discretion, will not be eligible for entry. By submitting your video to TipTap.com, you agree that such video and the accompanying information will become the property of TipTap.com and you grant TipTap INC and their sublicenses permission to publicly display, reproduce and use the videos in any form or media for any and (all editorial and related promotional purposes) purposes. You also warrant that (i) the video is your original work, or is properly licensed, and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and (ii) you have obtained any and all releases and permissions necessary for our intended use. Videos should be fun and entertaining so please no profanities, sexual content, violence, drinking, drugs, etc. TipTap INC makes the final determination as to which Entries are eligible. Submission of an Entry grants TipTap the unconditional right to publish, and use the Entry.
TipTap will not be responsible for Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, errors or failures in transmission or reception and/or any condition caused by events which may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted. By entering, you warrant that your submission is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party and you agree that submissions will become property of the TipTap and will not be returned.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: TipTap will choose one winner based upon the highest number of TAPS (likes) received from the TipTap user community.
7. DETAILS OF PRIZE: Prize is US $1,000.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TIPTAP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts govern this Promotion.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By participating in the contest, you agree to waive any claim that you may have against TipTap INC for any losses, costs, injuries, or other damages that you may incur in obtaining videos to enter in the contest, and you agree to indemnify TipTap INC against any claims that may be brought by a third party as a result of your video.
WINNERS’ LIST/RULES REQUEST: For Official Rules, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked specifying “Winner List” or “Official Rules” to: TipTap Video contest, TipTap 222 Third Street MA, 02142.
CONTEST SPONSOR: TipTap INC